Assigning an unassigned skill to a Course from within an Award can be a little confusing as it requires activity in both the Award and the Course. It can be further complicated if the Award Editor is not a Course Editor. In such circumstances, both editors will have to work together to assign the unassigned skill.
The main thing to know is that the process involves four actions as shown in the graphic below:
If you are an editor on both the Award and the Course, you can perform all four actions. If someone else is the Course Editor, after you assign the unassigned skill in the Award, you will have to request that they accept the pending suggestion AND publish the Course. They will have to alert you when they've published the Course, after which you will update the Course in the Award.
The detailed steps for this procedure can be found in Resolve Pending Course Suggestions in an Award User Guide.
Most of the time, if a Course skill shows up in an Award Dashboard as pending and you're sure you or someone else has accepted the pending skill suggestion, it's either because the updated version of the Course was not published after the pending skill suggestion was accepted or because the Award is not referencing the most updated published version of the Course.
- You see pending skills in your Award but not in your Course
- Skills show up in an Award Dashboard as pending, but you're sure the the pending skill suggestions have been accepted in the Course
- There are pending skill flags in your Alignment Details Report even though you've assigned those skills
- A Course is not showing the correct assignments in the Award assigned skills page
Steps to try and resolve:
- Verify or resolve any pending skill suggestions in the Course.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Course has been published. (Note the version of the Course in the Course header for step 4.)
- Update any Courses in the Award that have pending updates.
- Verify that the Award is referencing the latest versions of all the Courses.
- Publish the Award and verify that the skills look correct.
Still need help?