Last Updated: August 2019
You've invited a Reviewer by email, using Calibrate, to review your Job Profile. A week has passed and the Review Status still says Invited.
There are two possible reasons why the Reviewer has not accepted your invitation: either they ignored it or they never received it.
If the Reviewer didn't receive the email, it most likely bounced. There are two types of email bounces: hard bounces and soft bounces. The most common reasons for a hard bounce are:
- A mistyped email address
- The email address does not exist
- The recipient's email server has completely blocked delivery
- An overly restrictive spam filter that hard bounces any email that doesn't come from a known sender
The most common reasons for a soft bounce are:
- The email ended up in the spam folder
- The recipient's mailbox is temporarily full
1] The first thing to do is to check for a mistyped email address.
- Log in to Calibrate, go the Validate section, find the Reviewer and click on the three vertical dots at the far right side.
- When the menu pops up, click Edit.
- Carefully scan the email address of the Reviewer for any obvious errors. If there's no obvious error, go to step 2. Otherwise continue.
- You'll have to delete the Reviewer and re-enter them with the correct email address. Close the Edit screen by clicking Dismiss.
- Click on the three vertical dots at the far right side and click Remove.
- Click Remove again.
- Click Invite New.
- Enter the Reviewer information with the correct email address and click Add.
- Click Send Invite.
2] The second thing to do is to contact the Reviewer, preferably by phone, to determine whether or not they received the email.
- If they received the email, you're done.
- If they say they haven't received your email, ask them if their email address has changed. If it has, go to step 1e.
- If it hasn't changed, ask them to look in their spam folder.
- If it's in the spam folder, then it's a soft bounce. Make sure they add firstname.lastname@example.org to their whitelist.
- If it's not in the spam folder, the Reviewer will need to get their IT department involved to resolve the issue.
3] The third thing to do is to ask the Reviewer if they have another email address you can use to invite them. If they do, go to step 1e and invite them again with the new email address.